Saturday, October 25, 2008

Artsy?

In college, I just couldn't get my creativity turned on. In my photography classes, I couldn't get out of the box. One particular professor spent many semesters pushing and shoving me to get creative, but I managed to just get her to be creative for me. It was a win-win. (Well, maybe just for me!) After college, I went to Disney and got in a different box. The poses and photos that we were taking were good, but they were all the same. I didn't realize until recently how confined I felt there. It was safe because I knew what I needed to shoot and I could check off my list, but it was very limiting. I think, just maybe, I've finally unlocked my creative gene. It's very freeing to do what you love and try new things all the time to keep growing and getting better. And I really do love what I do...

This photo is from a session today that you'll be seeing more of either tomorrow or Monday. I used the TRA2 (Totally Rad Actions 2) from Boutwell Studios to create the look of this image. If you're a photographer and you don't own any of the Totally Rad Action sets, you need to stop what you're doing and go buy them. I have the complete set and I would be lost without them. Just go ahead and buy the mega mix because you'll end up saving money. Once you buy one set, you'll have to have the other.




Megan and Ricky - I had fun today! I'm looking forward to our continuation next week. I'm really liking what I've edited so far. I can't wait for you to see them!

4 comments:

  1. i thought your recent images had a "rad" look...i need to get them..i just upgraded cameras though so maybe after Christmas. love this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Omigosh I can't wait to see the rest of them!! Thanks Steph!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the photo and I, too, can't wait to see the rest. Hopefully you didn't get any of us kicking the kids off the swings or the old ladies off the hammock. See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK so you know when you said the word unstoppable I would go and get RAD didn't you? Cause I did!!

    ReplyDelete