Sunday, April 6, 2008

"Refreshing Rain" (5 of 6)

This print comes with some fun memories. I took this on one of my last days as an employee of the Walt Disney World, Co. My friend, Maria, her family, and I were taking advantage of my free entry to the parks. While we were at Epcot, it rained - not really surprising, because it rained every day of the spring/summer/fall in Florida. We had a great day spent in the Magic Kingdom and Epcot and I ate my first wonderful turkey leg. You haven't lived until you've had a smoked turkey leg at Disney. You don't need to eat for the rest of the day because it's so huge! I had just gotten my macro lens a few weeks before, so I was anxious to take close ups of anything. This looks like a night shot, but it was actually taken in the middle of the day. It was in Germany (in Epcot - not the actual country) and it's actually one impatien from a hanging basket. I love the black and white with the bright dashes of color.



"After a quick spring rain shower, this impatien was laden with water droplets.
The stunning contrast of the black and white with a hint of pink against the bold green
magnified by the water caught my eye.
In this photo, I can almost smell the clean scent of the air
and feel the calmness and refreshment that a spring rain shower brings."

No comments:

Post a Comment