Thursday, April 3, 2008

"Peace" (2 of 6)

To be honest, this image is probably my least favorite of the group. I did this in college and this really isn't my type of art. I'm more about capturing what's already there than creating something new. We had to combine people and nature for this project. The goal was definitely achieved! I was heavily guided by my professor on this one. If you keep asking enough questions, eventually you can get someone else to have ideas for you! (I learned something in college!) Fortunately, the screeners at Tamarack loved it! The amazing thing about this print is that the photo of the sun setting over the ocean was taken with my first digital camera - a Kodak Easyshare 3.2 megapixel camera. I've become a bit of a "camera snob," as my dad calls me, since then, but this picture is blown up to 16"x20" and it still looks good! I guess it's not all about the camera after all!

The face in the water is my sister. My professor made her lie in the grass and sprinkled leaves in her hair. Anna was kind enough to come to school with me early that summer morning to be my model for the project. When she got up out of the grass, we found that she had laid in bird poop. I think I still owe her from that day.

As much as I wasn't into this project, I did enjoy Photoshopping this image.


"This print was created by overlaying an opaque layer over a photo of the ocean at sunset.
This was part of a college project to unify nature and humanity.
I get a peaceful feeling when I look at this photo."

No comments:

Post a Comment