Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"Unexpected" (1 of 6)

I'll be going down to Beckley to Tamarack on Tuesday for spring juries. Hopefully, I'll be juried into the gallery then! I've already gone through pre-screening (twice, actually) and I'm ready to get this over with. I'll be sharing a photo a day leading up to juries. There are six total.

This one is one of my favorites. For some reason it looks a little different after uploading. The colors are actually darker and richer. I took this one sometime in October while I was living in Florida.

Since my sister, Anna, and I spent many hours working on my artist statements for these, I'll be sharing those also (below the photo). I'm not sure that I always have a reason or a thought behind my photographs, but this project forced me to get deep and think about it. By the time Anna and I were finished, I felt like my photos were really thoughtful and meaningful. Maybe by the time all is said and done, I'll come out of this as an artist!


"Simplicity is hard to find in this complicated world.
The depicted unknown vine is probably a weed. It only measured about an inch
and was hanging from a gutter.
This anonymous plant is beautiful in that it just is.
Not knowing the identity, origin, or purpose of this vine adds to it’s allure.
To me, this photo is a reminder to look past inconviences and find
uncomplicated elegance in unexpected places"

1 comment: