Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tamarack

I'm home from Tamarack and I have to go back for juries again in October. I would have gotten in except that my frames managed to get scratched between last night and this morning.

Here's the story: Last night Kevin realized that I hadn't put the picture hangers on the frames. I thought that maybe my work would be best displayed on an easel to save time and effort but Kevin insisted that we put them on. By the time that we were done, it was somewhere around 2:30 and it was a frustrating job. I packed the photos up and didn't see them again until I saw them all displayed for the jury. When I went in to Tamarack, they took my bag and set them up for me. Unfortunately, the picture hangers had scratched the frames behind them. I knew as soon as I saw them that this would not be the day I got in. Fortunately, I got a "resubmit" and I'm happy with that. I'm definitely in need of a nap, now!

On the way home, I dropped off some pieces at The Art Emporium on Quarrier Street. If you're interested in any of my fine art pieces, you can pick them up there or contact me directly!

No comments:

Post a Comment